[amayausers.com] Re: 6 panel hats

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 14:21:50 UT

This message was posted by sschroed2 on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/976/2.html#000016

I sew mostly Flexfit and occasionally Otto and all are 6 panel hats.  I do
Lettering and logos.  I only sew hats at 600 to 650 spm, use 75/11 titanium
needles, actifeed for hats usually min at 2.  But I also only use the CCF hat
frame.  Use 1 layer of stiff hat backing and sometimes light adhesive to hold
it in place. No 1 flatten the bill out, No 2 rub the hat front to smooth it out
(while on the frame) and get it as flat as possible, No 3 make sure the hat is
framed as tightly and smooth as possible.

Additionally I have to say, these posts stress that hats must be sewn bottom
up, center out and digitized differently.  Well, I guess I'm the exception
because I rarely have had to change digitizing and I've sewn them top to
bottom, left to right, right to left, center out, etc, etc and never seem to
have a problem as long as they are hooped straight, tight and flat and the
pressure foot height and bobbin tension are correct.  I only use magnetic
bobbins and make sure the thread flows easily.  If I do the drop test and there
is any drag I pull off a few yards of thread, if that doesn't work, I throw out
the bobbin and grab a new one because it's not worth fighting with.  Generally
only have trouble with the black bobbins.  Whites seem to be pretty good every
time.