[amayausers.com] Re: 3D Foam Supplier

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 20:38:00 UT

This message was posted by Body Cover on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1504.html#000006

We found that money well spent was looking for and buying a hat with puffy foam
embroidery on it, examine, cut apart, and basically reverse engineer it and it
helps you to understand the process better. Especially the capped corners.
Also a hair dryer (which may not be hot enough) or an industrial heat gun
(which is way to hot so be careful) is helpful to shrink the foam edges
slightly to minimize the little tufts of foam that will be sticking out
afterwards. We toured Richardson cap and they had a crew of people with almost
looked dental picks pushing in tufts of foam manually after the heat process.
so remember to charge accordingly because there is a lot more work. You can
also look in places like Dakota collectibles for 3d designs, and at least see
how they digitized for it. Gives some valuable insight.
Ron