[amayausers] Re: 3D Foam Question

  • From: "E. Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:29:35 -0600

My goodness,
        3D foam on .5" lettering.  And you're new to embroidery?  I salute you!
 In
our shop, 3D foam falls under the category of specialized embroidery and
costs more.  There are limits too such as fonts, letter height, foam
thicknesses, garment locations,...  Remember certain fonts with block edges
will need to be edited (capped) so as not to see foam protruding.  Sometimes
digitizing fees apply.  Zig zag (double) underlay.  Column density around
2.5 - 3.0.  Try to use a foam close to the color of the thread you are
using.
        Practice, practice, practice!!!
Good luck.
Ed