[alpaca_fibre] Sire list

  • From: Ian Watt <alpacaconsult@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: alpaca_fibre@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 11:55:14 -0800

G'day folks!
Just an update on the idea I floated some weeks ago and which received
some very encouraging positive responses - thanks to those who emailed
me both on and off the list.
This idea has progressed another step and I am now discussing the skin
biopsies with two labs which is most encouraging.
I have been pondering the idea of including the in utero fibre diameter
in the list of objective measurements as the closest guide we are
likely to have on the genetic value of the trait. This will not apply
to existing use sires but could become valuable in cria born this year
as these are the most likely to have the cria tip tested.
What do you think?
Also, I wonder if you might turn your mind to site promotion. Should
this site be advertised in the Alpacas Magazine for example or should
it be only linked to individual participating breeders websites? Should
it be sent to every AOBA member who has an email through a dedicated
mailing list every time a new male is added to the list? Your ideas
would be most helpful.
I would also be MOST interested in any suggestions for a website name -
now, there is a real challenge!!
Keep well.
Cheers,
Ian Watt

---
List Name: Alpaca Fibre Production
ListAddress: alpaca_fibre@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
List Administrator: Ian Watt (alpacaconsult@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

"unsubscribe" (without the quotes) in the Subject line of the email.