[ai_group] Re: question detector

  • From: "Dr.X" <drx@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ai_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 23:17:37 -0400

David,

>On the links page, there's a note about uploading.  Is this still
>correct?  If so, seems the upload links on the other pages are kind of
>out of place.

Oops, you're right. That line is no longer correct. I'm fixing it now...ok,
done. Yes the uploads work but I noticed that for large files, sometimes it
stalls, or at least takes a long time. I don't like that. I've uploaded text
files, exe's, htm's you name it. But it seems to work best when the file is less
than a meg. That's not good. I'm looking for other ways to do this. But until
then, if you have a really large file to deal with, let me know. I'll get it in
there. Also, I'm thinking that I can avoid the problem altogether by making a
form that a user can fill out, and having the server auto-create a subweb for
the user in their name. That will allow ftp to the folder and even custom pages
can be added.

>If you're starting on the question filter, you might want to add a page
>and a link from the projects page (just an idea).

Ok, I'll do that.

>Did you have a chance to look at my code?

Yes, I did. I can't say that I understand it fully but I can see what it is
supposed to do. I tinkered with it and found it rather useful in telling me what
things do in BCX. Now I have a working knowledge of how to access a file
ForReading. I'm writing my first draft in vbs and will probably post it so I can
get help in translating it to BCX. (sure wish there was a vbs to bcx out there
somewhere)

>I'm making some progress on my tutorial creation project.

I'd really like to see that when it's done. I sure could use a good BCX
tutorial.

Dr.X

A few things.  The web page is looking better still.

On the links page, there's a note about uploading.  Is this still
correct?  If so, seems the upload links on the other pages are kind of
out of place.

If you're starting on the question filter, you might want to add a page
and a link from the projects page (just an idea).

Did you have a chance to look at my code?

Any more thoughts about how to determine if a question exists?

Looking forward to helping code your concepts as they evolve.

I'm making some progress on my tutorial creation project.

It's getting late.  Time to prepare for another week.

David Garner