[afrilex] Website & Prize for Northern Sotho dictionary

  • From: "Gilles-Maurice de Schryver" <gillesmaurice.deschryver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <afrilex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 03:18:19 +0200

Hi all,

Two bits of info:

1. The AFRILEX home page (http://afrilex.africanlanguages.com/) has been
updated, and now includes the details of the current board as well as
information re. our next two international conferences (to be held in
Botswana and Namibia resp.).

2. It doesn't often happen, but every now and then our hard work as
practical dictionary makers (also) gets rewarded. My Northern Sotho
dictionary has just obtained the prestigious 'Outstanding Dictionary Award',
handed out every three years by the South African Translator's Institute
(SATI), see:

http://www.oxford.co.za/business/news/283090.htm
or
http://news.book.co.za/blog/2009/10/02/2009-sati-prizes-for-outstanding-tran