[afrilex] Re: Kalenjin - English Dictionary

  • From: "Kaka Mokakale" <Kaka.Mokakale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <afrilex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 08:45:21 +0200

This is a wonderful step, keep the good work up! Congratulation Guys.

Vrywaringsklousule / Disclaimer:
http://www.nwu.ac.za/it/gov-man/disclaimer.html

>>> "David Joffe" <david.joffe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 4/4/2010 3:28 AM >>>
Dear all,

Since it is related to African-language lexicography, I'd like to
pass on to the list the following news from us on the recent
publication in Electronic and Online formats of a new dictionary for
Kalenjin, a group of Kenyan languages:

---
We are pleased to announce the publication online and electronically
of the 'Kalenjin - English Dictionary' (Samburtaab Ng’aleekaab
Kaleenchin):

http://africanlanguages.com/kalenjin/ (Online, free to use)
http://africanlanguages.com/kalenjin/dictionary/ (Electronic)

It is also available in hardcopy:
http://www.africanbookscollective.com/books/samburtaab-ngaleekaab-
kaleenchin

The dictionary contains over 13,000 entries. The electronic version
includes Microsoft Word Integration, allowing you to instantly see
the results of a dictionary search for the word you are standing on
as you work.

The author of the dictionary is Dr. Kipnyango Seroney. The
dictionary was created in TshwaneLex. The TLex Online and Electronic
professional publishing solutions were used to publish the online
and electronic versions."
---

Please do try it out. We are also keenly interested in publishing
more such dictionaries for other African languages; if anyone knows
of anyone interested, or wants more info, please just let me know.

Kind regards,

 - David Joffe

---
TLex Dictionary Production Systems