[adtools] Re: use libgcc.so instead of libgcc_s.so

  • From: Hans-Joerg Frieden <Hans-JoergF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 11:10:11 +0200

Jens Langner wrote:
Of course I have added -shared as a link option and not during compilation. So
sorry for the confusion. The problem is that currently (with the new GCC
4.2.4) linking with "-use-dynld" doesn't seem to be enough. I still have to
add "-shared" to the LDFLAGS or the above unresolved symbol error occurs.

Is "-use-dynld" actually in the spec file? IIRC -use-dynld adds "-Ttext=0x10000 -dy" to the command line.

I tried that, of course. But still after having linked the binary with
"-use-dynld -shared" I can see that it used the static libgcc.a instead of
the shared libgcc.so one.

You should not use -shared when linking a program. Check that "-dy" is specified during linkage.

Regards,

--
Hans-Joerg Frieden

We are not now that strength which in old days, Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are, One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools
Homepage...................: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/adtools
Listserver help............: mailto:adtools-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=HELP