[adaptivetec] Re: JAWS

  • From: "Laura Daly" <laurad5117@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 15:15:34 -0700

Thanks Scott, this is great.

Laura

-----Original Message-----
From: adaptivetec-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:adaptivetec-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Blanks
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 12:06 PM
To: adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [adaptivetec] Re: JAWS

Laura and others:

To change the pronunciation of a word using Jaws:
1. Press insert d to open the dictionary manager.
2. You will be focused on an add button. Press control-shift-d to modify
the default dictionary, meaning that the pronunciation change will be
effective in all applications.
3. Press space to activate the add button.
4. Type the actual word, i.e., the word that Jaws is currently
mispronouncing.
5. Tab once and type the replacement word the way you would like it
pronounced. You can use any spelling mistakes or spaces here which will
allow for the correct pronunciation of the word.
6. Tab to ok and press enter.

Scott

#1 in Commercial Real Estate Online
Make Deals Happen. Get in the Loop!