[adaptivetec] Re: Fw: Kerswile and PDF docs

  • From: "Roberto Gonzalez" <rgonzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:48:45 -0700

John,

If you have Kurzweil 1000 installed then you should also have a printer driver in Control Panel installed called KESI Virtual printer. This printer driver will allow you to send PDF, TIF and other image files to it which will then be sent through the Kurzweil default recognition engine. So, you don't need to make a hard copy of any pdf document provided that you have an electronic version of it. The trick then becomes how to "print" your document to the virtual printer. One method is to change your default printer in Control panel to the KESI virtual printer temporarily, then right-click the pdf file and choose print. You'll want to change back to your normal default printer once you've sent the document through and you are happy with the results. Good luck,

-Roberto

-Roberto

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Blanks" <sblanks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>