[adaptech] winamp 2.92 and ripping cd's

  • From: "Shane C. A. Lush" <sca.lush@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <adaptech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 11:46:51 -0400

The following is from the winamp4TheBlind list.
Read and enjoy!
*begin message*
hey guys

I wasn't even looking for it but I found a way to rip cds with Winamp 2.92
from the keyboard. Here's what you do.

1.  With your cd in the drive,launch Winamp and go to the library.

2. In the tree view, select the cd rom drive you have, i have 2 on my
machine so i selected the right one and the tracks showed up there.

3. Next, press your tab key a few times and you'll see an extract cd
button. When you press this button, a context menu appears giving you
options such as extract selected tracks, extract all tracks, and cd
extraction options. This opens the proper spot in preferences where you can
set your file format, bitrate and place to extract files.  The ripping
process is rather slow, that's my only real problem with this whole thing.
But i'm sure it'll get better in subsequent releases. Just thought you guys
should know that yes, it is possible to do, I just couldn't work out how to
do it for a while there.
*end message*
Shane Lush
list owner.