[acsgtca] American Chemical Society PROF Subdivision

  • From: <lwagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: acsgtca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 16:13:32 -0700

Hi. I would like to thank all of you for being a member of the Gay and Transgender Chemists and Allies Subdivision.  Our membership has climbed to 103 members as of June in our second year of existence.  As this year's chair of the subdivision, I would like to solicit your inputs for issues we should be addressing or things we should be working towards.  We are currently working on issues such as getting the word out on our subdivision, better visibility in ACS searches, support for Out to Innovate, and a major LGBT event at a future national meeting.   With the fall meeting in Philadelphia, I would like to alert you to events of potential interest as well as other events which are of interest.  I look forward to seeing you all at the GTCA session and the receptions mentioned below.

Please be sure to pass on information about or subdivision to people within your company or academic institution.

Fall ACS Meeting

Sunday August 19 5:30-7:30pm: ACS Diversity Reception, Philadelphia
Marriott Downtown, Franklin Hall 1

Tuesday August 21, 9-10:55am: Symposium on "The Value of GLBT Diversity
and Inclusion to Innovation in the Chemical Enterprise", Philadelphia
Downtown Courtyard by Marriott, Grand Ballroom Salong III&IV

Tuesday August 21, 5:30-7:30pm: Presidential Gay and Transgender Chemists
and Allies Reception, hosted by the ACS President, sponsored by PROF and
NOGLSTP, Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, CR 304/305 (Level 3)

Outreach and Cross Promotion of future events:

Saturday/Sunday, October 13-14: Poster Contest and Panel Discussion on
"LGBT Employee Resource Groups in the Chemical Enterprise", at NOGLSTP's
Out to Innovate Career Summit for LGBT People in STEM. Columbus OH.
http://www.noglstp.net/outtoinnovate

Tuesday, September 25, 2012: Panel Discussion on "Strategies for
Navigating LGBT Identity in Science", presented at the NOBCChE 39th Annual
Conference, Washington DC.
http://www.nobcche.org/conference-information

See you in Philadelphia

Best regards
Larry Wagner

If you like to unsubscribe from this email list, please send me an email with unsubscribe in the Subject Line.