[acm] Summary of 2006-03-29 Meeting

  • From: "A. Walker" <walkera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: acm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 17:11:23 -0600

2006-03-29

CS banquet - Fri April 21
Ryan is still working on the paperwork

Joseph printed tickets, Ryan or Joseph needs to give them to Donna to sell

Ryan will order the banquet programs from copy center

Ryan or Joseph needs to print/copy and hang the flyers advertising the banquet

National ACM should provide funding for speaker's hotel

--

Mark will present an MSDN webcast on 3D games with C-Sharp on Friday
March 31 at 3:30, half-hour plus questions

--

CS Day will be Friday April 7.

CS Day activities:
Computer Assembly Contest - 9-10am
Search Engine Scavenger Hunt - 10-11am
Programming Contest - 11am-12pm
Movie - 12-2pm
student workshop - 2-3pm

LAN party afterwards

Mark still needs to bring the Sneakers DVD to Ryan

Workshop by Mark will probably be about GPS or proximity-locking devices

--

Ryan, Joseph, Mark, me - find 5 easy problems each for programming
contest, and 20 difficult items each for search engine scavenger hunt

http://buchberger.cs.lamar.edu/acm/contest

--

Discussed CARE's website needs
- Picture galleries - Eric & Mark

Will talk to CARE about what we can do, at their meeting next Thursday
April 6, or next one on April 20