[accmemberdiscussion] Hope for the best; prepare for the WORST

  • From: Djsdosido@xxxxxxx
  • To: accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 08:34:52 EDT

Read the following, weep and then make yourself ready to fight.  No,  we
don't have this in Alabama yet.  But there is no telling what may happen  in
the coming months.

Donna & the Dosido Gang
Remlap, Alabama
Every year of dog  love is worth seven years of the human stuff. (Michael
Rosen)
visit me at _www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com_
(http://www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com)

HB2986
_http://www.leg.http://wwhttp://wwhttp://wwhttp://www.http://www.lehttp_
(http://www.leg.state.or.us/09reg/measures/hb2900.dir/hb2986.intro.html)

HB2470
_http://www.leg.http://wwhttp://www.http://www.ht_
(http://www.leg.state.or.us/cgi-bin/searchMeas.pl)   (PASSED)

Makes you really wonder what this country is working towards.  All need
to see this and cross-post widely!!!

Charlene  Wallace
Legislative Liaison, The Havanese Club of America

Not only is  she an AKC Judge and a Sheltie breeder, one of her stud dogs,
Am Champion  Cherden Sock It To 'Em ROM/ROMC, was a foundation sire for
the famous  Banchory Kennels that was also located in the same county.
Animal control  there has told her point blank that she should put to
sleep her dozen or so  retired dogs that are doing nobody any harm and
simply living out their  golden days in comfort with her.

Cheryl also explained to me that these  AR groups are now also sending
"puppy
buyers" into these areas where laws  are passed. You think it's a good
home for the puppy and when they get there  they demand your puppies. If
you don't turn them over, they report you and  let the authorities come
in and take the puppies and your dogs and fine you!  This is insanity!

*Please Cross Post........*
*

I'm  mounting a campaign here in Oregon to file a class action lawsuit
against the  State for these laws as they take away both our Fourth and
Fifth Amendments  Rights. I found a non-profit group, Oregonians In
Action, who fight for  individual owners' rights, particularly in land
use. I'm also getting one  together in our county (Columbia) because of
all the new changes plus their  Land Use head, Todd Dugdale, told me I
have to get down below 10 dogs by Jan  1, file for a $960 Type II Home
Occupation permit, and pay $30 per dog per  year in order to be able to
keep over 3 dogs now. And I live in  unincorporated county.

I asked what if I had more than 3 dogs, he said  they could all be
confiscated, and if
I did the rest (Type II etc) anything  over 9 needs to be put to sleep.
Plus I would be fined $500 per day plus have  to pay for all the
confiscated dogs' care at unreasonable fees if this  happened. And my
kennel wouldn't pass their new rules anyway as it now  requires 5 acres
minimum with a heated & airconditioned building at least  100 feet from my
house and would have to have a separate kitchen/bathing  facility in it,
with concrete floors with a center drain with a separate  septic
system. This is for over 9 dogs and for a commercial kennel. There is  no
place for private breeders under these draconian laws.

Mind you,  I've been continually and duly licensed and inspected as a
hobby kennel here  at my current address for 20 years now. But there is no
grandfathering  allowed now. They have eliminated the hobby license and
only allow commercial  kennels, yet HB 2470 virtually eliminates those.

Worse yet, Rep. Brad  Witt has solely authored the latest travesty, HB
2986, which outlaws all line  and inbreeding, subjecting breeders to MORE
unwarranted search and seizure  permissions, along with record keeping
requirements that make the AKC look  like grade school. It hefts huge
fines if not in compliance, and can end up  with confiscation of dogs and
jail time. Fun, huh? Also note that it is  already on the books that if
you refuse to allow any unwarranted search by an  animal control officer,
you can be arrested/jailed for up to 7 days for that  -- plus have all
animals removed and immediately sold.

Hey, when did  we move to Nazi Germany? So....if anyone is interested in
joining our group  -- first we will petition, then we will sue if no
response -- I'm mounting a  class action campaign against the violation
and removal of our Rights. It  also includes people with small hobby
businesses as there is no county  business license. You now can't do
garage sales more than once per annual  quarter, and you can't sell your
chicken eggs or anything else out of your  house, even with commercial
zoning. Contact me if you want to join up.

Staying under the radar isn't working anymore. We need to be activists  to
protect our interests.

The Governor's phone number and email  address, btw, is 503-378-4582, fax
is 503-378-3827 and you have to go to the  website to send an email.
That's at _http://governor.http://govehttp://goverhttp://g_
(http://governor.oregon.gov/Gov/contact_us.shtml)   The more he
hears from people who oppose it, the less likely he is to sign  it. We
need him to be inundated with no's.

Cheryl Anderson
Cherden  since 1966
AKC Judge #4183