[accessiblelinux] Re: help using gimp for OCR

  • From: <aerospace1028@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessiblelinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:54:27 -0400

Greetings,
I do not doubt that GOCR, teseract, etc. do a fine job with basic OCR tasks.
Unfortunately, I am brushing up on my orbital mechanics and my understanding is
that these engines are not equipped to handle intense mathematics.  I am trying
to clean up scans to increase performance in infty-reader.

How did you go about cleaning up the contrast/shadow?  That might be enough to
help out infty-reader in producing more accurate translations.  I can decipher
the early stufff on Newtonian gravitation and Homan transfers, but I'd like to
have more confidence that wwhen I get to gyroscopic stability and Euler
parameters that the OCR output is fairly accurate.

Thanks:-)

http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/LearnMore/personalize.aspx?ocid=PID23391::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HYGN_express:082009