[accessiblelinux] Xampp in Vinux 3.0

  • From: Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Accessible Linux <accessiblelinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 11:53:36 -0400

Hi,
Vinux 3.0 is based on Ubuntu 10.04. I have installed the Xampp package
from Apache friends and everything starts correctly. I then linked my
local copy of my website to the htdocs folder but when I try to access
it with:
http://localhost/stormdragon.us/
I get access forbidden messages. It says I don't have permission to
access the page. Also, when I tried to change into the
Dropbox/stormdragon.us/ directory the permissions had been changed and I
had to set them back.
This is the first time I have really had any trouble with Xampp. It is
usually a very valuable tool for developing websites before actually
posting them to the internet. If anyone can help with my permissions
problem I would be most greatful.
thanks
Storm
--