[accessiblelinux] Re: A Question About Vinux

  • From: "Anthony Sales" <tony.sales@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessiblelinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 22:14:46 +0100

Hi Storm,

To install Vinux to a USB pendrive you need to be running from the live CD or
have an .iso image available if you are doing it from an installed version.
You need to place the USB pendrive into the USB port and then start the
'Install to USB pendrive' application on the administration menu. This will
automatically detect the USB pendrive and CD (if you are using an iso image
you will have to browse to it manually). You then set the amount of
persistant storage you want to use and then start the installation.

However, from what your friend says it sounds like he is having a problem
mounting the USB drives in the first place. I am not sure what is causing
this. Are they U3 enabled USB pendrives? Are they FAT32 formatted? It could
also be a corrupted iso of course. At this stage I can only suggest he
redownloads and/or reburns the CD and check the md5sum of both and try again.
If that doesn't work the contact me again.

drbongo