accessible-iOS Re: Synchronizing sports audio feeds with TV broadcast

  • From: "Amy Ruell" <aruell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 05:56:36 -0400

Hello,

I know of no app that will do this. Actually, it is probably difficult
because it is a digital broadcast in many cases. For example, if I put the
At Bat app on my iphone and then tune into the radio feed, the radio feed is
far ahead of the At Bat broadcast. Also, the standard radio feed is usually
ahead of the digital broadcast on my TV, less so if I don’t use high
definition channels.

In Boston, we have actually had to lobby for the synchronization of the
radio feed that is sent to patrons in the park through dedicated receivers
to ensure that it synchronizes with the action.