accessible-iOS Re: Preorder this IOs 7 book before the price goes up

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 13:22:46 -0700

Well, then, I'm glad I posted it for that reason.

--
Teachers have a sacred task:
It is to give children the skills to understand the world and an expectation
that the world is a trustworthy place; that it is full of light, and love, and
music and that each student deserves--and will have--their own place in it and
the chance to play their own song.
And, as much of these expectations are transmitted non-verbally—and in Chela’s
case--out of sight…it is the voice and touch of a Teacher that sheds light on
what the world can be.
Academics—and no one will ever change my mind on this—take a distant second
place. —Dr. Bil Hawkins
--
Chela Robles a Nationally Certified person in Customer Service, certified by
the National Retail Federation Foundation (NRF): http://www.nrffoundation.com/

On 8/31/2013 12:02 PM, Ibrahim Gucukoglu wrote:
Hi Eileen

Well put! I am what's might be considered an expert with the iPhone 5, I help
lots of clients use their devices, some of them have never used the touch
screen in their lives so it can be a learning curve to everyone and depending
on the learning curve, some find it easier or harder than others. I have
pre-ordered this book chiefly because I do not want to spend vast amounts of
time reinventing the wheel as you put it, I want an expert to guide me through
the new features of iOS seven so I can spend more time training my clients who
will be upgrading to the new platform.

Sent from my iPhone

On 31 Aug 2013, at 16:19, Eileens Misrahi <eileen.misrahi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I just want to put another spin on why others who are experience in using an iDevice that
may purchase this manual. If one provides AT training and needs a written manual to
devise materials for their clients or students, one would not have to reinvent the wheel
and could base their hard copy (in whatever media). Also, the trainer would have a copy
of this manual for others to view that would be newcomers to the iOS platform. My other
thought on this thread is that it could reduce the learning curve on the new features
that will change in iOS 7. I remember way back in 2010 when I first got my device the
iPhone 4, I was ready to either throw it out the window or flush it down the toilet.
LOL!!! Now, I laugh because I can't live without it. I guess the old saying, "It's
an extension of who I am." Ricardo, I value your remarks but there's always another
valuable reason for others to purchase a quality manual.

Best,
Eileen

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 31, 2013, at 1:23 AM, Gordan Radić <razbijaci@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The point is that there will always be new IOS users starting with IOS 7 with
no previous experience and there should be some kind of manual for the people
who starts with zero knowledge.
I have National Blind Press manual by Ana dresner and some other guy and it's a
must have for new users tolearn from basics to some advanced stuff.
Podcasts and forum materials are good but learning should be a linear process
and using podcasts and stuff is kinda random for beginers and could be
confusing.
Someone wrote on this list that his podcasts require previous knowledge so he
doesn't to explain gestures, taps and other basic things in every episode so
imagine some beginer when he or she listens to, let's say, episode 36 of this
guys podcast.

S poštovanjem
Gordan Radić

On 31.8.2013. 5:26, Ricardo Walker wrote:
Hi,

I’m sure he did a great job, don’t get me wrong but, I highly doubt that there
will be so much difference that a person who has used IOS for any amount of
time would need to buy a whole book on how to use IOS 7.  Its just the nature
of such things that even major upgrades like IOS 7 will remain 80% the same as
IOS 6.  Besides learning the new features, which might take all of a day, and
you know there will be plenty of blogs, podcasts, and help from people on lists
like this, I just don’t see the point.

Now, if you’ve never used an IOS device before, and your planning on picking
one up soon?  This book makes a lot of sense.

Just my 2 cents. haha.

Ricardo Walker
ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Twitter:@apple2thecore
www.appletothecore.info

On Aug 30, 2013, at 10:55 PM, Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,
Jonathan Mosen has been testing the forthcoming iOS upgrade, iOS 7, which might
come out for general use sometime in September. While he was at it, he wrote an
e-book, iOS 7 Without the Eye, and if you buy it before the iOS7 release,
you'll get the book the same day iOS7 is released and pay half price, $9.95.
http://mosen.org/index.php/pre-order-my-ebook-ios7-without-the-eyeand-get-50-off/
Here is a sneak preview of what you'll be reading about.
•What’s new in VoiceOver
•Working with the Control Center
•Notifications – a New Look and Feel
•Search gets the Spotlight
•App Switcher Changes
•Siri Comes of Age
•A better App Store
•iTunes Radio
•iCLoud Keychain
•Stop thief with Activation Lock
That is just a sampling from his blog what chapters you'll see. I so can't wait
for the release of this revamped and cleaner/clear looking OS for IDevices,
rumored to come out on Tuesday September 10th, but we shall eagerly wait and
see since this is probably a speculation circulating around the web but anyway,
we shall be surprised.
Have a great weekend,
Chela Robles