accessible-iOS Re: Fwd: Microphone issue

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 01:18:46 +0100

Hi.

If the phone has developed a fault outside the warranty period, you can get a
refurbished one from Apple I believe, though you need to pay $199 for the phone.

All the best, Ibrahim.

            From: Josh Gregory <joshkart12@xxxxxxxxx>
            Date: July 28, 2013, 1:20:32 PM EDT
            To: accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Subject: Microphone issue

            Hi guys, I was having a very weird microphone issue earlier. I was
on face time with someone and all of a sudden they could not hear me, I kept
talking and they kept saying hello, hello. It was hilarious because I kept
trying to make thumbs up signs and stuff and I guess they didn't turn out that
way because the person laughed and I knew they saw that, but they couldn't hear
me. After a couple hangups and Retries, it still wouldn't work. I tried with
Siri and voice memos and got nowhere, I eventually hard rebooted the phone with
home and power buttons and it finally works. My question is, what in the heck
could be causing this, is it a hardware issue that I need to be concerned
about. As long as my phone can hold out over the next six months I'll be
alright, I get a new phone and February.
            Thanks,
            Josh