[accessible-android] Re: PointFinder - wow!

  • From: Andrea Sherry <sherryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessible-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 19:00:18 +1000

This is truly awesome.
I have a Trekker Breeze which it would appear is rapidly becoming obsolete.
Now all I need is a blind-friendly barcode reader.
I have a colour id app which does a better job at identification than the device I paid almost $2,000 for 15 years ago.
Cheers
Andrea
On 17/09/2013 5:53 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Just did a quick test on my own driveway using pointFinder app - made sure was moving right up to time when asked it to save entry point of gate on drive way as a point, to try counter any form of GPS stationary drift effect, and then told it to find the point, trying out a couple of different sound types - think like first one - bloop the most for now - and it's amazing how usable/accurately it works, and how it pretty much instantly 'clicked' in brain to follow right sounds for directing me - literally just drifted around driveway, specifically trying to sort of disorient myself by turning around, etc., etc., and aside from verbal updates telling me I was within range, since never really walked more than 5 meters away from saved point, it kep on directing me pretty much exactly back to correct point.
In other words, just want to say, I am _very_ impressed...<smile>
Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad