[accesscomp] from Blind Bargains and Rich Cavallaro

  • From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 11:35:02 -0700

Hi all,

I am sure  some of you saw this, but a podcast on the blaze EZ including a
brief demo of OCR on the blaze EZ was done on blind bargains coverage of
CSUN 2014.

The podcast can be downloaded by going to the podcasts page on
www.blindbargains.com After listening to the podcast Dave from HIMS and i
had the following email discussion and I asked several questions.

That emailed discussion is below.

Good Morning Dave:

I heard your demo on blind bargains of the blaze EZ.

With the OCR, this sounds like a great device.

A couple of questions come  to mind.

1. With the simplified user interface, will one be able to navigate  content
just as they could on the BookSense-speed up audio, place  bookmarks etc.

2. With the lack of folders and dedicated buttons for music, radio and
books, will the blaze EZ be able to remember positions across multiple
books and documents?

I assume one will be able to store content within folders and sub folders?

One last thing comes to mind.

With the internet radio, is the blaze accessing an online database of
streams for internet radio stations?

Sorry for all the questions.

Rich Cavallaro

Dave's Response:

Hi Rich,

Glad you caught the Blaze EZ demo on Blind Bargains.

As for your questions,you will indeed be able to navigate by bookmark,
level, sentence, phrase, etc., within documents and books. So all levels of
navigation supported on the BookSense are supported on the Blaze.

The Blaze EZ can indeed remember locations in multiple books, podcasts,
songs, etc. And yes, you can store material in subfolders.

As for the internet radio stations, we may have an online database of
stations. This is still under discussion. Ideas are welcome.

The Blaze EZ will be featured on TechTalk on April 28, and I will have
firmware that is much closer to the release firmware for that presentation.

Dave

Hi,

if you want my suggestion, I think having access to a database like  ootunes
would be the way to go for the blaze ez.

That way people can search from a list of stations without having to  copy
m3u files across from the pc.

Also, and I know your going to say and you did say, that demo was  pre-beta
but the speech seemed a little sluggish in that demo.

I am sure though, that will be corrected before final release.

I have to say , I am looking forward to getting my hands on a blaze EZ  on
or before the summer shows.

I am sure I will be by your booth at nfb to play and most likely buy  this
device.

The portable OCR feature I think is really great and once again puts  HIMS
ahead of what's out there.

Rich Cavallaro

Also, can anything be said about what OS it's running, or the  processor or
ram in this device?

Rich Cavallaro

Dave's Response:

The os is android. Not sure about the RAM. 12 GB of flash.

Rich,

You're right, the speech was a bit delayed and not responsive enough. This
will be fixed by release.

I am sending your database suggestion on to the folks in Korea. I believe
you are right, that a database of stations would be the way to go.

Dave

I hope this info was helpful.

Rich Cavallaro

Robert Acosta, President