[accesscomp] Windows Search is not working

  • From: "Sherri" <flmom2006@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:34:23 -0400

I have never seen this problem before. I am using Word 2003 with Windows XP
pro and Jaws 10. I went to Windows Search and used search companion to try
to find a specific file. It immediately went to "stop" and showed no
results. When I used insert B to read the whole dialogue, it said

Windows search isn't running. To start it, point to all programs, and then
click windows.

I did that. I checked to make sure that it was logged on under me as a user.
It still is not working. Any help would be appreciated. I use Windows Search
all the time. I usually use search companion though. Neither works.

Sherri
If you would like to see this signature disappear then
Please help blind people in your local area achieve their dreams by visiting
http://www.raceforindependence.org/goto/Sherri.Brun
Thank you.

Character is the side of yourself you choose to show the world. Integrity is
what you do, what you say and how you act when you think no one is paying
attention.
Sherri Brun
flmom2006@xxxxxxxxx