[accesscomp] Re: Please read and forward this letter if you know someone who can help dan.

  • From: "Mike Pietruk" <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 12:42:51 -0400

The post fails to indicate whether we are talking about the AM or FM WSM.
In either case, the solution is an easy one, use an alternate url
principally designed for mobile applications which works nicely in players
such as RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, and Winamp.

For WSM-AM, use this link:

                http://wmc1.liquidcompass.cc/WSMAM

And for FM 95.5, use this one:

mms://live.cumulusstreaming.com/WSM-FM

Note that the 2 stations, while sharing call letters, are now owned by
different companies; hence, the differing root urls.  Note also that you
can modify the link for the FM stream, by changing the call letters and
band designator, to stream any other Cumulus operated station which also
happens to stream.
Hope that this solves the problem.

Incidentally, a handy source for these alternate urls is

www.tuned.mobi

The promises of God are His guarantees amid life's uncertainties. They're
the basis
of all our life of faith.
David Jeremiah
http://www.davidjeremiah.org---------