[accesscomp] Fw: Microsoft Accessibility help desk just a note...

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "access comp" <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 06:55:45 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: dan Thompson
To: 'Nasreen Bhutta'
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 10:52 PM
Subject: RE: Microsoft Accessibility help desk just a note...

Hi All, One of our members, Nasreen, was very thoughtful to send this report
regarding personal experience with the Microsoft Accessability service.  It
will come very much useful if taking advantage of the new service from
Microsoft.

Read below.

Hello Dan,

I was reading one of your  Dan’s Tips in which you mention about  Microsoft’s
Accessibility help desk, I just wanted you to know that recently I had the
pleasure of using their service  and I was very impressed.

They were very professional and helpful right  to the very end of the call and
very versed  in screen reader  technology.

There is  one key factor  that I would like to share with you, and in-turn I’m
hoping that  you would share  this with all your Dan’s Tips followers, I think
it would prove to be most helpful to the  followers in case they  ever have to
use this service from Microsoft.

After inputting  a special code into an edit box on the connect screen,  as the
 rep tries to remotely connect to your system,  a beep is heard, at this point
it’s best to quickly tab  once  and put focus on the OK button, otherwise, a
CANCEL button comes into focus  right  away,thus not allowing  the remote
connection session to successfully  launch.

This happened a few times to me, I tried to  use different cursors, even the
mouse buttons,but each time it would say: access denied, so we kept  repeating
the  process.

Finally, I decided the next time the rep tried to connect  remotely and I heard
that beep I would  tab and sure enough I tabbed right into the  OK button, at
this point I hit Enter and the session was successfully launched.

Microsoft is aware of this problem: meaning that the  Cancel button comes into
focus first rather than the OK button  coming into focus first,   they have
told there software developers of this,  but  as for now  they haven’t
corrected the issue.

I just thought I would bring  this tid-bit to your attention,  and if you see
fit  to  share this  with your followers, then that  would be great, some one
might find it useful. I know for me, it was frustrating,  till I figured  it
out.

I really enjoy your   tips, there is always   something  new and interesting
that I come across each time.  Keep up the  good work.

Takecare.

Nasreen.