[accesscomp] Fw: Dan's tip for Feb. 13 2013, ( Saving Gas With Online Data)

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:27:48 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: dan
To: dan
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:10 AM
Subject: Dan's tip for Feb. 13 2013, ( Saving Gas With Online Data)

                Saving Gas With Online Data

The internet is full of information.  Some of it is organized in easy to search
data bases.   Today's technology tip is an example of just such a database:

Most of us have cars , have a family member with a car or know of a friend with
a car. Most of us are concerned about the environment.  And most, if not all of
us, would like to save a few dollars when we fill up our gas tanks.  Here's a
couple of websites that can help you determine the most fuel efficient cars
that are out there:

First, here's some information about how to calculate the miles per gallon for
a car:  http://www.mistupid.com/automotive/mpg.htm

Now here's a website produced by the federal government that contains MPG data
for all makes and models that are available in the U.S.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/

Once you get to the webpage look for the "Compare Side-by-Side" and "Search by
Class" options.  You can then select the make and model of your own car so you
have a baseline.  Then start checking other vehicles to see what kind of gas
mileage they get.  The site also gives you information about greenhouse gasses,
hybrid and alternative energy vehicles and ways to improve your gas mileage.

This site is a great example of a searchable online database.

It didn't work that bad with the screenreaders I tried with the site.

Send messages to dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx

Morning Prayer

God, let my thoughts be yours, my words be yours, and may I be a blessing to
someone today.

Frog:  Forever rely on God.

JPEG image