[accesscomp] Fw: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Friday, April 22

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 07:45:13 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Blind Bargains Daily Deals
To: Daily Deals
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2011 6:33 AM
Subject: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Friday, April 22

BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Friday, April 22

It's time to recap the latest deals and news posted to Blind Bargains. Feel
free to forward this message to your friends.

Got a suggestion, comment, or bargain request? Email bargains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In this issue:

  a.. 1. Editorial: Learning Ally: What's in a Name?
  b.. 2. EyeNote Gives Another Currency Identification Option for the iPhone,
iPad, and iPod Touch
  c.. 3. Today's ClassifiedsBrand New Book Port 4 gig+2 gig card
included+executiv products case for $100
  Lightly Used Blazie Braille Embosser for $300

  d.. 4. Most Popular Recent DealsBlind Individuals With Recurrent Sleep
Problems Needed for Research Study.
  Individuals who are totally blind with recurrent sleep or napping problems
are needed for a survey and/or clinical study. For each completed survey, a
donation of $25 will be made to organizations that support people with
blindness. Participants in a clinical study will be compensated for their time
and effort and will receive study medication, study-related medical evaluation
and transportation at no cost. Sleep problems and napping occur in some
individuals who are totally blind. This can be caused by the lack of light
needed to reset the “body clock”. The result is recurrent sleep problems
similar to jet lag.
  Individuals may qualify for the survey or the clinical study if they:
  • are between 18 and 75 years of age
  • are totally blind
  • have recurrent trouble sleeping at night or experience daytime sleepiness
or napping

  If you are interested Call toll free 1-888-389-7033 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
M-F ET or email info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  1. Editorial: Learning Ally: What's in a Name?
  As we previously reported, Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic recently
changed their name to Learning Ally, prompting much discussion in the blind
community. As a follow-up, we present an editorial from Bill Meeker, who gives
some insight on the change. His comments are printed below with his permission.

  2. EyeNote Gives Another Currency Identification Option for the iPhone, iPad,
and iPod Touch
  The United States Bureau of Engraving and Printing has released a free
currency identification app for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad 2 called
EyeNote. It identifies modern U.S. currency by taking a picture using the
phone's camera and also offers vibratory feedback for deaf-blind users. By
comparison, LookTel uses the phone's video camera leading to faster
identification. The app is free and available now.

  3. Today's Classifieds
  Here are the latest classifieds posted to Blind Bargains. You can submit your
own ad to thousands of potential users for only $5.

  Brand New Book Port 4 gig+2 gig card included+executiv products case for $100

  I am selling a brand new Book Port. This was the unit that used double talk
speech, has 60 hours of battery life and supports compact flash up to 4 gigs.
This unit can play brf, txt, html rtf, mp3 audible, and rfbd filetypes. This
unit comes with a leather case from executive products, and a 4 +a 2 gig
compact flash card I am asking $100 for the complete package.
  Contact: richcav1014@xxxxxxxxx

  Lightly Used Blazie Braille Embosser for $300

  This is a seldom-used embosser in very good physical and working condition. I
received it in high school and used it for the last couple of years for
homework assignments. I tested it thoroughly and the braille output looks as
crisp as it did when I received it back in ’95 or so. The revision is July
31, 1995. The only material which came with the printer still in my possession
is the parallel cable. Payments can be made via PayPal. Thank you for your
interest.
  Contact: You may contact me via: E-mail: jcast77@xxxxxxxxx Twitter: jcast
  These ads were submitted by users and Blind Bargains is not responsible for
their content.
  4. Most Popular Recent Deals
  Here are the top five posts to Blind Bargains as of the time of this
newsletter.

  Enter to Win a BookSense DS
  EyeNote Gives Another Currency Identification Option for the iPhone, iPad,
and iPod Touch
  Dozens of Accessible iPhone Apps
  32-cell BrailleNote mPower Needing Minor Repairs at $700 on eBay
  Mobile Accessibility for Android Now Available from A T Guys for $95

  If you received this message from someone else and want to subscribe
yourself, visit This link to sign up.

  We respect your privacy. To unsubscribe, use the link below. or Email
dailydeals-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Send by A T Guys, LLC, 514 Wheaton
Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.