[accesscomp] Fw: AaronShephard'sWorldof Stories, Dan's Book Site of the week

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 08:38:24 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: dan Thompson
To: dan Thompson
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 4:50 AM
Subject: AaronShephard'sWorldof Stories, Dan's Book Site of the week

Book Site Of The Week

AaronShephard'sWorldof Stories

http://aaronshep.com/stories/

  Here you can find a nicely categorized collection of stories from around the
world for online reading.  The listings give the appropriate age for reading,
length of the story and origin.

Here are folktales, fairy tales, tall tales, myths, legends, magical tales, and
sacred stories, plus original fables, humor, and historical fiction-all from
award-winning author Aaron Shepard. Most of the stories have been published in
top children's magazines like Cricket and Australia's School Magazine, while
some are from Aaron's picture books and early readers.

When entering the site one can explore the headings shown below by pressing the
letter if using a screenreader or scrolling down the page.  Available headings
include:

Folktales - heading one

Legends - heading two

Magical Tales - heading three

Sacred Stories - heading four

New Tales - heading five

Funny Stories - heading six

Historical Stories - heading seven

Beginner Stories - heading eight

One can also subscribe to a list that will send you an e-story each day.

Any of the stories can be copyed to the clipboard and pasted into your favorite
wordprocessor for saving into a folder of readings to share.

I will visit the first three headings.  All are treated the same way.

*I.  Folk Tales

1.  Once arriving at the link above, move to the heading of "Folk Tales" and
press enter or click on the link.

There is a large amount of material hear and various ways to search the site.

a.  by index to locate storys according to:

title, age, genre, theme, country or region, historical period, ethnic group,
religion, mythology, holiday, or activity

b.   Use the "story search" edit field.  One can reach this edit field with a
screen reader by pressing the letter f twice. Mouse users can just click in to
the box.  If this is your first time to the site, of course you would not
really know what to search for.

2.  After exploring, press control plus the home key.  If using a mouse move to
the top of this page.

3.  Screenreader users, press the letter h once to access the ""Quackling"
story, followed by enter. Mouse users, click on "Quackling."

Presss the letter h or move to the first heading where the story starts.  Use
your screenreader's "read to end" mode and enjoy.

5. When finished, press backspace  twice and return to the home page again.

*II.  Legends

1.  Move to the top of the home page by pressing (control plus the home key.)

2.  Press the letter h twice   to access the Legends page, followed by tapping
enter.  Mouse users scroll down to the same link and click on it.

3.  Press the letter h once to reach "The Stone in the Temple: An Islamic
Legend" and hit enter.

4.  Press the letter h for reaching the start of this story.

5. If using a screenreader, use the "read to end"mode and enjoy.

6.  When finished, backspace twice.

"Magical Tales"

1.  Press the letter h three times to place the cursor on "Magical Tales" and
tap enter.   Mouse users click on this link.*III.  Heading three:

2. Press the letter h once  and you are placed on "Lady White Snake: A Tale
From Chinese Opera." And press enter.

Mouse users click on this story title.

3. Press the letter h or scroll down to the title of the story and enjoy
reading.

"Hot Spot"

"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut
thy door,

pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret
shall reward

thee openly." Matthew 6:6

When I woke up this morning the words "hot spot" came to mind. My thoughts went

toward a wireless internet connection. There are certain places that if you
have a

computer or portable electronic device you can go to get a wifi connection so
you can

use it to connect to the Internet.

If you are trying to use a portable electronic devise you have to find a "hot
spot"- a

place where you can go and get a connection. Then there are other places you
can try

to get a connection but can't. When I go to my parent's house, I can't get a
connection.

If I go to the library I can. At my parent's home there is no "hot spot"- no
wifi signal. At

the library there is. I can pick up an intent signal there. Am I making sense?

There are "hot spots" spiritually speaking where we can "get a signal" and

"connection" to the Lord. The primary "hot spot" is the place of prayer. So
many think

that they can go through life communicating on the go, talking to God while
they are

busy doing other things, and they will have a good connection and clear
reception.

While we can "pray without ceasing"- meaning no matter where we are and what we

are doing- there have to be times where we stop, get alone and be quiet in the

presence of God. We have to "sit down" and "be still" and "connect".

Where can you find the "hot spot" where you can connect to Him? You will find
it in that

"sweet hour of prayer". You will find it in the "closet"- in the quiet,
undistracted place

that shuts out everything else. You will find it in the place of "fasting". You
will find it in

"seeking Him with all your heart".

If you want to have a good strong wifi connection you have to move close to the
source

of the signal. If you want to have a good strong signal and relationship with
the Lord

you have to move close to the "signal"- His Presence. "Draw nigh to God, and he
will

draw nigh to you." (James 4:8)

Have a great day. If you want to want to hear clearly and have good
communication with the Lord, you are going to have to find a "hot spot"- a
place of prayer where His Presence draws near.

to ssubscribe, email dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with subscribe in the subject.

This email has been scanned by Microsoft Security Essentials