[accesscomp] Free iOS7 Online iLife Event

  • From: "Jamie Seeger" <seegerj2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 10:10:10 -0400

Hi Everyone.

Below you can find information on a free on-line event dealing with the
changes in IOS 7 from a blindness perspective being hosted by Fedora
Outlier. Fedora Outlier is a new assistive teaching, consulting, and support
company for blind and visually impaired people. I hope to see you all there.

Jamie

On Wednesday, October 2nd at 7:00 PM EST, the team at Fedora Outlier are
offering our community a free online learning event.

Why is it free you ask?

The team at Fedora Outlier are engaged in creating an accessible online
learning environment for all Voice-Over users. We are committed to this
massive undertaking because blind and low vision people deserve to have
access to the same tools for learning and productivity that our sighted
friends enjoy. We are actually building the platform from the bottom up
ourselves because we want a truly elegant, and simple, accessible solution
for the blindness community. In order to make this happen, we need your
help.

How can you help?

The authors of The Old Hat Guide To iPhone Accessibility, iOS-7 Edition are
giving a presentation on Wednesday, October 2nd at 7 pm on the book and
several new features of the iOS7 operating system. There will be a Q and A
section where your submitted questions will be answered. It is shaping up to
be a great event and we are very excited about it.

To join us, follow the link below and submit your most burning question
about iOS-7, then, come be with us online for the live event next Wednesday
night. There will be a special promotion at the end and an opportunity to
give us feedback.

Together we can create something truly excellent!

Click to RSVP for this limited availability event

http://www.fedoraoutlier.com/ilife/