[accesscomp] FW: new very awsome developments in the screenreading market for blind and/or visually impaired computer users

  • From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 07:44:36 -0700

Robert Acosta, President

Helping Hands for the Blind

(818) 998-0044

www.helpinghands4theblind.org

From: dan Thompson [mailto:dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:22 AM
To: dan Thompson
Subject: new very awsome developments in the screenreading market for blind
and/or visually impaired computer users

Today's tipis all about new and awsome developments in the screenreader
market for visually impaired computer users.

This information is provided from " Flying Blind, LLC Website at:
http://www.flying-blind.com)

if you want to hear what's coming soon in JAWS Version 16, four

podcasts are waitng for you. FSCast 94 gives an overview:

http://www2.freedomscientific.com/FSCast/episodes/fscast094-

JAWS_16_New_Editions.asp

FSCast 95 talks about Command Search:

http://www2.freedomscientific.com/FSCast/episodes/fscast095-

JAWS_16_Command_Search.asp

FSCast 96 talks about the greatly-enhanced ability to read inaccessible PDF

documents:

http://www2.freedomscientific.com/FSCast/episodes/fscast096-

JAWS_16_Reads_Inaccessible_PDF.asp

FSCast 97 talks about more features:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/About/FSCast

JAWS 16 public beta became available for anybody running JAWS 15 to test;
others

can test it too in demo mode:

http://www2.freedomscientific.com/downloads/jaws/jaws-public-beta.asp

And finally, NVDA version 2014.3 has

now been released, with particular benefit for users of Microsoft Office:

September 4, 2014

NV Access is happy to announce the availability of NVDA 2014.3, the latest
release of its award winning screen reading software. Among many other
enhancements and bug fixes, this release includes significant improvements
to NVDA's support for Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. With this release,
NV Access continues to ensure that blind and vision impaired.

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2014-3-now-available/

Prayer for Inner Peace

Lord, help me to live in Your joy and peace. Give me strength and
understanding to resist anxiety, anger, envy, depression, bitterness,
hopelessness, loneliness, fear and guilt. Rescue me when "my spirit is
overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is distressed" (Psalm 143:4). I
refuse to let my life be brought down by negative emotions such as these.

When I am tempted to give in to them, show me Your Truth. You have said in
Your Word that by our patience we can possess our souls (Luke 21:19) Give me
patience so I can do that. Help me to keep my 'heart with all diligence,"
for I know that "out of it spring the issues of life: (Proverbs 4:23).

To subscribe to Dan's tips or dedaily devotions, send an email to
dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx with either "subscribe dan's tips" or "subscribe daily
devotion" in the subject.

This message has been scanned by Norton 360