[accesscomp] FW: 6-Dot dyno tape label maker Dan's tip for tuesday october 6 2015

  • From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aw-announcements@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 13:17:08 -0700

Robert Acosta, President

Helping Hands for the Blind

(818) 998-0044

www.helpinghands4theblind.org

From: dan Thompson [mailto:dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 12:48 PM
To: dan Thompson
Subject: 6-Dot dyno tape label maker Dan's tip for tuesday october 6 2015

List of the Day:

Actual quotes by dumb lawyers

1. Now, doctor, isn't it true that when a person

dies in his sleep, in most cases he just passes

quietly away and doesn't know anything about it

until the next morning?

2. Q: What heppened then?

A: He told me, he says, 'I have to kill you because

you can identify me.'

Q: Did he kill you?

3. Was it you or your brother that was killed in the war?

4. The youngest son, the 20-year-old, how old is he?

5. Were you alone or by yourself?

6. How long have you been a French Canadian?

7. Do you have any children or anything of that kind?

8. Q: I show you exhibit 3 and ask you if you recognize

that picture.

A: That's me.

Q: Were you present when that picture was taken?

9. Were you present in court this morning when you were sworn in?

10. Q: Now, Mrs. Johnson, how was your first marriage

terminated?

A: By death.

Q: And by whose death was it terminated?

Fact of the day:

Only about one-fifth of the world's largest desert, the Sahara, is covered
with sand; the remainder is made up of rock formations.

America got its first true pizzeria when Gennaro Lombardi opened up a small
grocery store in NYC's Little Italy. An employee named Anthony "Totonno"
Pero started selling pizzas out of the back, and in no time, Lombardi's was
concentrating on its burgeoning pizza business instead of plain old
groceries.

It's natural to think that the world's tallest waterfall, Angel Falls in
Venezuela, got its name from its sheer majesty. Actually, it was
"discovered" in 1935 by aviator James Angel.

Barry Manilow did not write his hit "I Write the Songs."

Two-thirds of the world's lawyers live in the United States.

Personally, I find this device very intriguing and would prove quite useful
for my purposes. However, the price tag is too high.

6-Dot dyno tape label maker

This month's spotlight has been a very long time coming. I have known about
this product for at least 3 years and have wanted it from the moment I heard
of its existence. It is the 6-Dot dyno tape label maker. I had seen a
prototype at conventions, and was very excited about it.

At long last this year my long wait was at an end. The first week of August
I received my 6-dot in the mail. Without going into too much details, there
were a few glitches with the unit. I returned it and another unit was sent
to me.

It sits next to my computer at the ready. It is extremely easy to use and is
so convenient. It sports a Perkins style keyboard, comfortably arranged. It
has a rounded shape and is very futuristic looking. It is extremely
lightweight, fits easily in your lap or on a table and is so so so
convenient to use.

I have created a notebook and I am making labels for the most important
information. Things like insurance information user names and passwords, and
anything else I consider important. The old braille paper notes have lost
most of the dot formation and is so difficult to read. This way it will last
indefinitely. I plan to label cd's, DVD's, vitamins, electronic equipment,
the list is literally endless.

Features include:
Ergonomically designed to be portable and easy to use anywhere
Houses built in Braille Keyboard, supports all grades of Braille in
virtually every language
Powered embossing for high quality Braille for accurate reading and a long
life span
Automatic scoring and cutting provides effortlessly clean label cuts without
the need for scissors
QWERTY keyboard connectivity option enables people who cannot write Braille
to generate labels
Dual power options, AC/DC adapters or battery powering, extending the label
making choices for users
Uses standard 3/8 inch (9 millimeter) vinyl embossing label tape

Specification:
Dimensions: 8.0" W x 5.8" L x 2.8" H
Weight: 0.5KG (1.5pounds)
Power supply: 6 AA alkaline batteries or an optional plug-in power supply

Who would I recommend this product to? Well, students, individuals living
alone, employees, wives, and husbands. Really folks, this product is such a
cool idea and is so easy to use I recommend it to anyone who knows and loves
braille as I do.

The price tag is somewhat hefty but when you realize the electronics and
research that went into this device, it is worth the price of admission.
When you think about it, a standard braille writer sells for well over
500.00. So this item for around the 600.00 mark is quite reasonable in my
opinion.

For more information about this amazing product visit:
<http://www.logantech.com/> logantech.com

Article taken from "Blind Perspective" October 2015 issue. Spencer's
Spotlight

By Cheryl Spencer

"Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock." Isaiah
26:4 (NLT)

"Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock." Isaiah
26:4 (NLT)

To subscribe to Dan's tips or HotSpot with God Daily Devotional, send a
blank message to dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx and include "subscribe Dan's Tips" or
Subscribe HotSpot with God" in the subject line.