[accesscomp] Re: Equivalent to on Iphone/Ipod function keys with automatically writing text?

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 11:32:59 -0500

A program may have a feature that allows you to insert text by issuing a
series of letters such as in Microsoft Word.  An e-mail program allows you
to have multiple signatures and you can tell the program to insert the
signature you want with the information already in the signature.

If you want another approach, you can do something like the following:
Place the text in a text file such as in Notepad..
Create a short cut to the file and assign a short cut command.  Then
issuing the command will open Notepad and the text will be displayed.  You
are doinhg the same thing as pressing enter on the file to open it and,
because it is a text file, it opens in Notepad.
Copy the text to the clipboard, close Notepand move to and paste the text
into the blog entry or e-mail message or whatever you are working on.

I am not aware of any specific Windows ability to do what you want and I
don't think it would make sense to have a Windows command for this
purpose.  It should be handled on the program level and not as part of the
operating system.

Gene