[accesscomp] A special survey for those who are blind and hard of hearing

  • From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 11:45:30 -0700

If you are blind or visually impaired and wear hearing aids, Mosen

Consulting would be grateful for your help.

Jonathan Mosen and Bonnie Lannom are seeking interview subjects for a

book on the social, attitudinal, and technological challenges faced by

blind people who also wear hearing aids. If you'd like to help, we'll

send you a Word document containing an extensive survey that we hope

will encourage you to share your experiences. There is also the

possibility of a follow-up phone interview. You can contribute

anonymously or potentially have your comments attributed to you in the

book, whichever you prefer.

Examples of the issues we're interested in covering include experiences

bad and good working with audiologists, funding, situations you avoid,

technologies you've tried that have been helpful, and technologies

you've tried that have not.

The goal of the book is to educate current and future blind hearing aid

users, blindness professionals, hearing aid manufacturers and

audiologists on the specific social and technological needs people with

dual sensory loss face when being fitted for hearing devices.

Participants can be any age from any where in the world.

Professionals working in the field of blindness are also encouraged to

participate. If you are interested in completing the survey or want

more information, please

(http://mosen.org/index.php/contact-jonathan/>complete the Mosen

Consulting Contact Form and we'll be in touch by email.

We would also appreciate it if you would circulate this announcement

widely to people you think may be interested in participating.

We're mindful that there is also a book to be written on the needs of

blind people who wear cochlea implants. We understand a separate book

is being planned on this subject and consider this an important and

separate matter requiring a book of its own.

Thanks in advance to all who are willing to help us produce a resource

we are sure will make a valuable contribution.

Jonathan Mosen

Mosen Consulting

Blindness technology eBooks, tutorials and training

<http://Mosen.org>http://Mosen.org

"Jonathan Mosen" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxx>

Ann Chiappetta M.S. and Guiding Eyes Verona

Twitter: Anniedungarees

For more writing, go to:

http://www.thought-wheel.com <http://www.thought-wheel.com/>

Find me on Facebook: Annie Chiappetta

"I write to find out what I think."  - Stephan King

Robert Acosta, President

Helping Hands for the Blind

(818) 998-0044

www.helpinghands4theblind.org