[access-uk] Re: yahoo mail postmaster help

  • From: Georgina Joyce <gena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 21:46:51 +0100

Hi

There's little you can do.  The IP address from which the email was posted has
been reported as being a source of spam thus has been listed in a database for
blocking.  It is like that the sender, uses an ISP that uses dynamic IP
allocation.  Thus the sender's IP will be different in a short while or the
next time a connection is initiated.  ntlworld for example rotate their IP
addresses weekly, with their cable service.  With dialup services, it is likely
that every connection will be allocated a different IP address.

Remote host said: 550-Host 217.146.177.170 is
> listed
> > at bl.spamcop.net
> > as spam.
> > 550 See: Blocked - see
> > http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?217.146.177.170

HTH

Gena

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 02:06:22PM +0100, Andrew Summers wrote:
> Vince I don't know but she has a hotmail account and
> sent him an email and had know problems with it.
> So what do I do next?
> She has a yahoo mail account because there is more
> space with it.
>
> Andrew Summers
>
> --- Vince Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Andrew,
> >
> > Guessing wildly, did Supanet treat it as spam? This
> > is possibly a problem
> > with we-based mail like yahoo or hotmail.
> >
> > Vince

---end quoted text---

--
Gena

Blindness Advocacy Self Help (BASH Online)
bashonline-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Freedom & Power provided by debian GNU Linux