[access-uk] Re: xp again

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 12:41:33 +0100

It is a pain in the bum however it did flash up once when my anti-virus went a bit wonky and turned itself off. Which was very handy because I wouldnt' have noticed it otherwise.

Anyways if you want to turn it off here's how.

To turn off Security Center alerts

1.

Click Start and then click Control Panel.

2.

Double-click Security Center.

3.

In the Security Center, under Resources, click Change the way Security Center alerts me.

4.

In the Alert Settings dialog box, clear the Firewall, Automatic Updates, or Virus Protection check boxes, and then click OK.

When you use this procedure, the Security Center still displays your status, but does not send you alerts.
Source:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/internet/sp2_disablescalerts.mspx

Dj Paddy
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."
-- Popular Usenet Sig
----- Original Message ----- From: "yusuf" <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>