[access-uk] Re: turning off announcements

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 02:19:26 -0000

Hi Jim.

This is the feature of Malwarebytes called Malicious Website Blocking, it tries to prevent programs it considers suspect from communicating with internet servers such as Malware would do. You can turn the feature off from the system tray icon temporarily or disable it permanently from the protection tab in the Malwarebytes application. You can also tell Malwarebytes to allow specific programs that were blocked, such as programs you use regularly. To do this, go to the system tray icon and right click it, then scroll to the ignore submenu and review the recent alerts, ticking those that you want to allow through. Note though that this only allows that program to access the net using that IP address so if it tries again with another IP, it will be locked.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Jim McAuslan
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 9:53 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] turning off announcements

Hi List,

I'm currently using a trial version of Malwarebytes. It's doing the job
and I think I'll take out a subscription.
The problem I'm having at the moment is I seem to be getting constant
announcements telling me that it's blocking potentially harmful sites etc.
How do I stop this constant chatter.
All help welcome.

--
Jim McAuslan from sunny Findhorn