[access-uk] Re: the r n i b shop

  • From: <Clive.Lever@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 11:18:22 +0000

Hi all,

I had no end of treouble with the RNIB shop last week, because they'd totally
deactivated my account. On investigation it turned out that they had received
three returned items marked 'gone away'. Once is an instance, twice a
coincidence, third, an account closure. On further investigation locally it
seems that some of our relief posties are so under pressure with bigger rounds
to complet in ever less time, that some are not bothering even to put the card
through the door. You don't answer within ten seconds (possibly because you're
out), it gets marked 'gone away, and back it goes to the sender! If only there
were an easy way to re-activate the account online, rather than have to ring up
and get the staff to email a request to a neighbouring
Department the following day. Does anyone know if there may be any online
shortcuts?

Best,
Clive

From: John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, 12 December 2015 12.28
Subject: [access-uk] the r n i b shop

Hi all I am trying to find the almanac in the r n I b shop but what
ever I
search for it does not bring it up do they still do it or should I try and find
the code for it. Thanks.