[access-uk] the latest norton internet system security update for nis 2005and problems with internet access?

  • From: "martin wilsher" <m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 12:08:24 -0000

Hi lists:

sorry for the cross posting, but you will see why I'm doing so in a very short
while.

I was wondering if anyone using norton internet security 2005, who has recently
updated their system using live update, has downloaded a set of system security
updates, the download size being around 930 kb.  I have found, that after
downloading this update, norton internet security no longer lets me access
internet explorer or my email on outlook express.  By disabling norton internit
security for a short while, I am able to access everything, so I know this is
the fault of the norton product and not my computer.  I have followed the
instructions for clearing my firewall rules and reenstating them, but this does
not want to work properly.  I do not want to uninstall and reinstall the
product, as I have extended subscription on this pc, and this might be affected
by the reinstillation.  Anyone else running nis 2005 had these problems with
the new update?  I am able to download email, as the problems do not extend to
the virus scanning portion of the product.

any help with this will be gratefully recieved.

Hope to hear from you soon

From Martin.

If you want to email me please use either of the following email addresses.

m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

or

Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please visit my website: