[access-uk] Re: text based bbc news sites

  • From: Michael A Ray <mike.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 20:11:49 +0000

Julie,

I use a combination of Webbie and the RSS feed reader that comes in the same package.

I have the BBC news headlines as a feed, and when I find a headline I want to read I press the return key on it and that loads the page in Webbie.

Now, Webbie is an excellent text-based browser but it is easy, especially in news sites for the news to be lost in the noise of links. But in Webbie the key combination of control + K hides all the links and just leaves the news text.

Mike

On 26/11/2013 19:28, Julie Rodaway wrote:
Hello List

I am endeavouring to assist a deaf blind gentleman who is using a braillenote Apex and wishing to browse the bbc news and sports sites. I think they have changed their website because the links that used to work no longer do, so I am wondering whether anybody is aware of any text-based sites suitable for use with a braillenote apex?

The apex has been updated to the latest firmware.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best wishes and thanks in anticipation.

Julie.

Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer
Witley, Surrey, South-east UK

Ham Radio Call-sign: G4XBF, licensed since 1982

Don't just sit there, learn something

Raspberry VI:
http://www.raspberryvi.org/
NVDA, the best free screen-reader in the world:
http://www.nvda-project.org/