[access-uk] soundforge screws up my jaws and PC

  • From: "Damon" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:28:29 -0000

this is part 2 of my earlier plea. If anyone can help me out that'd be much
appreciated.
This afternoon, I'm discovering that my SoundForge problem isn't script
related after all - so ignore my earlier questions about scripts they're
irrelevant.  I've deleted the original FS scripts yet the system problems
remain.

When editing, from time to time, the audio stumbles, a Windows Ding sound
occurs and
manipulating the file becomes a very very slow process because the computer
doesn't seem to be able to deal with it properly. I've had this problem a
few years now ... and just struggled through it with no one really able to
tell me what might be going on.

It seems that the audio starts to stutter and be badly handleable especially
after I've done some edits. Also, when recording, jumps occur - or rather
the recording appears to stop and start so that when you playback there are
2 second jumps in the audio every minute or so.

I've no idea what's going on. I've got such a lot of editing work to do this
weekend I'm tearing my hair out. I had thought the solution might be to gget
new scripts from the snowman but it seems now these problems are definitely
within my computer and nothing to do with the scripts I've been running.

Once again, this afternoon, the ding appears again and again then jaws
eventually unloads itself after a lot of stuttering in the audio playback.
But once jaws is turned off entirely, scripts or no scripts, the soundforge
software seems to work pretty well.

So I'm having a clash between jaws and soundforge.

Could this be a memory issue? If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate
them. Are there some settings I could alter in soundforge regarding memory
perhaps? Or in my system?

...Damon