[access-uk] small laptop recommendations - but not netbook

  • From: "Phil Stephenson" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 12:27:20 +0100

Hi,

As the subject line says I'm on the lookout for a new laptop and am
currently weighing up my options of a netbook vs a small laptop.

I like the idea of a portability of a netbook however I could do with a bit
more ram than you tend to get on them and am not sure about the keyboards as
I do have some arthritis / RSI issues.

So was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for lighter laptops
(around the 2kg mark or less) but not a netbook.

Am also not sure about buying a netbook now with XP on or waiting to see
what happens with Windows 7.

Will be running Jaws 10 on whatever I get and want wireless / blutetooth
with it.

Your comments welcome,

Phil