[access-uk] Re: sight village 2019

  • From: John Ramm <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 15:15:50 +0100

Hi Clive and all,

I went to Sight Village on Tuesday and was frankly disappointed.

I was really impressed with the Canute from the Bristol Braillists which is a nine line Braille display currently for just 1700 pounds!! It's a great piece of kit, not least because it has basically been developed by a bunch of enthusiasts who feel that refreshable Braille should be cheaper than it is and decided to do something about it. feeling a properly layed out Braille table on a refreshable device very nearly had me reaching for my credit card!

Unfortunately nothing else grabbed my attention as I suppose I'm reasonably up to date with what's around, so nothing else really exciting to report.

Talk soon, John

At 23:15 10/07/2019, you wrote:

Hello everyone,

I would like to hear from anyone who attended this year's sight village exhibition in Birmingham. Are there any updated or new products? Anything you liked (or didn't like)?

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett