[access-uk] Re: programmes to download Youtube videos or audio clips

  • From: John Ramm <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 23:04:20 +0000

Hi Clive and all,

For this task I usually do one of two things:

1) I use a program called SongR which is free but is no longer being developed as far as I know. I also don't seem to have used it for some time as it's not installed on this computer. Having said that, this page suggests that SongR is at least alive if not kicking too hard.
https://songr.en.softonic.com/
SongR is pretty accessible and I have used it a lot in the past with good results.

2) The other way I approach this is a more general way of recording off the net and I guess you could get Reaper to do this just as well for you. I use a program called Total Recorder from High Criteria. I paid for the program a while
back, but it's not expensive. You have to find what you want to record, get total recorder ready to record, start recording and then go back to your source, silence your screen reader and make your source play. At the end of the programme/song or whatever you make your screen reader talk again, stop total recorder and trim the recorded material to get rid of the screen reader at the beginning and the end. It's a very easy and helpful program to use although there is a small learning curve as with most new software and it's pretty accessible.

Hope this helps and I look forward to hearing how you get on and how others accomplish this task.

Talk soon, John

 At 21:33 10/12/2020, you wrote:

Hi all,

I've noticed that Pontes Media Downloader is no longer producing any output when I try to download either full videos or soundtracks from Youtube. Does anyone know whether the problem has been sorted in the latest version, or whether there are any accessible programmes that would still do the job?

Someone has suggested 4k Video Downloader, which I've never encountered. 1. Is it free? 2. Is it accessible? 3. Does it work for you if you've tried it?

Thanks,
Clive

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq