[access-uk] Re: problem copying files to a pendrive the disk is write protected

  • From: "Mark Matthews" <mark.matthews15@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 13:11:52 +0100

Hi Austin

It might be that the permissions aren't set correctly. Try going into the drive's properties, Security tab, selecting "Edit", and making sure "Allow Write" is checked.

Apart from there being a physical switch on the device to toggle this on and off, I'm not sure. Further more, it could depend on the OS in use.

Mark

Mark

-----Original Message----- From: Austin Pinto
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2014 5:31 AM
To: A general technology discussion list ; access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning the disabled. ; keyboardusers ; list ; sayeverything Subject: [access-uk] problem copying files to a pendrive the disk is write protected

hi all.
my friend has a sandisk 16gb pendrive.
when ever he copies any files to it a error comes unable to coppy this
disk is write protected any idias on how to unlock? i tried formating
but still the same error

austinpinto.xaviers@xxxxxxxxx
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto