[access-uk] Re: portset box compared to that sold by RNIB

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 22:27:17 +0100

I'd use mine but have lost the software and it crashed on me some while back. If anyone is willing to let me have a copy of the software which will definitely install to go with my box, I'd be more than happy! <Smiles>

--
Carol P
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carol
Pearson Sent: 11 April 2011 10:55
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: portset box compared to that
sold by RNIB
Jackie,

I think you've just confirmed my conclusions that we
just wait and see if a box with a recorder is available.

We're learning to live without recording and just catch
up where we can and miss stuff if we don't, but it
shouldn't have to be like this.  ...
Anyway, Jackie, thanks for your observations.

--
Carol P
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carol
Pearson Sent: 09 April 2011 14:49
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
sold by RNIB
I'm coming in rather late to this thread so forgive me
for any duplication ...

Could anyone with the Portset box please give their
view as to how well it really works, please?  Is there
a way of updating the box with firmware (from a
distance or by returning it to Portset) once purchased?
Is there a limit to how many recordings you can set in
any one week, apart from the obvious limit of hd space?
It seems to me that it's a pretty hefty price so I'd
want to know if it's really worth it!

Thanks.

--
Carol P