[access-uk] Re: plus.net webmail using graphical capcha

  • From: Trevor Ruane <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:43:27 +0100

Hi Adrian,

Blooming pain, isn't it? I first noticed this when checking my email at an internet cafe while on holiday in Cyprus at the very end of Apjril this year. The graphical image is awful as even my wife, who is fully sighted, had difficulty reading it. As far as I could see, there is no accessible alternative on Plus.net, unlike ebay, who have provided an audible translation.

Trevor Ruane

Adrian Higginbotham wrote:

Have just tried to compose an Email using plus.net webmail for the first time for quite some time and notice that they use a graphical capcha with no accessible alternative – anyone know how long they have been doing this, or if they have worked out a secure way of providing an accessibile alternative ?

Adrian Higginbotham,

Manager, Leading edge research

Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Becta switchboard 02476-416994

Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/

BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ