[access-uk] Re: player for mp3 cds

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:53:35 +0100

Okay, have today been to argos and purchased catalogue number 512/9632 which
is a Mikomi cd mp3 player costing a penny under a tenner.  It is not
available at all stores, but you can try to track it down on the Argos site.
It is not available for home delivery.

I have tried two RNIB Talking books and they play well.  Obviously you do
not get the benefits of DAISY navigation, but, on pressing the forward track
button it moves a chapter at a time on both the books I have tried.
Therefore, if you leave your book at the end of a chapter, it should be
simple enough to find your place.

Very good for ten quid of anyone's money.

David