[access-uk] Re: outlook exstentions

  • From: "Kevin Lloyd" <kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 08:51:59 +0100

An alternative for backing up mail folders with Outlook would be to create your own PST files and move the mails you want to back up to these folders.

You can create the PST folder wherever you like and then simply copy and paste to an external drive.

To create a PST file, go to File menu and then open the New submenu.
Arrow up to Data File and press enter.
Press enter to get through the first screen as this is confirming that you are creating a personal data file. On the next screen, you can now browse to My Documents or wherever you wish to create the PST file. Then tab to the file name and call it whatever you like using a .PST file extension. Press enter to the final screen and you can now enter the name of the folder as you would like it to be displayed in your list of other folders in outlook e.g Sent, Drafts, etc.

You can now use control + shift + V to move mails to the folder either in batch or single mails at a time.

There is also an option on the File menu to work with data files which will show you all of your PST files and where they reside.

Regards.

Kevin

-----Original Message----- From: Adrien Collins
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 9:53 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: outlook exstentions

Hi Joe

Ok the easiest way is to go to I am assuming windows xp
firstly, documents and settings, your user, local settings,
application data, Microsoft, then outlook,
If it is windows 7, again go to your user in users, app
data, Microsoft, outlook, I don't think I have missed
anything out, in both cases you will need to show hidden
files and folders.

Regards

Adrien