[access-uk] Re: new tune up utilities

  • From: Christopher Hallsworth <challsworth2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 19:11:49 +0100

Hi all
I cannot seem to download this product, I get a problem loading page because it tries to redirect to an address which never completes, using Firefox 30 or something like that.

Christopher Hallsworth
Student at the Hadley School for the Blind
www.hadley.edu

On 14/08/2014 16:12, Ibrahim Gucukoglu wrote:
Hi Adrian.

I used to use Tune-up Utilities, but I've noticed the accessibility steadily getting worse over the last couple of years. I'm now using Iolo System Mechanic, which works well with JAWS with a little cursoring. The interface is mainly web based, and its now at version 14 with live boost active optimisation, which performs regular resource freeing activities like freeing trapped memory, reducing CPU lag and thread hogging to name but a couple, in addition to its active care technology which performs routine maintenance operations whilst your PC is idle. Download a free trial and give it a shot, www.iolo.com.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Adrien Collins
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 4:02 PM
To: 'access uk'
Subject: [access-uk] new tune up utilities

Hi

I just purchased the new avg performance 2015 which used to
be known as tune up utilities, it has been renamed to avg
performance, I got it on a prelaunch offer and it appears to
be completely inaccessible, I cannot even click on the agree
and install button, it is a bit like a web interface, super
nova won't even read it, nvda struggles. I have had to ask
them for a refund. It is a shame as the program is or was
great until avg took it over. Just to warn those who like me
have always used tune up utilities. It is pre-launch so
perhaps and only perhaps something can be done but I doubt
it now.

Regards

Adrien

I use BullGuard to keep my computer clean.
Try BullGuard for free: www.bullguard.com