[access-uk] network problem

  • From: "Yusuf" <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:51:43 +0100

Hi all, I'm writing this on my laptop as my desk top currently has no network access at all. Since this morning both wireless networks and LAN cable networks have disappeared out of the list of networks contained within settings. The networks directory now contains 3 options 2 of which are to do with creating networks and the third is MSN.

This has happened in the past when the wireless network card has become slightly dislodged. But that is a PCI card. I didn't think that a network card for a LAN cable could become dislodged in this way.

I had been disabling and enabling both the wireless connection and the LAN connection this morning so that I could test them both separately. But when they were disabled they still appeared in the list of networks.

The only odd thing that happened was that my PC crashed when I tried to enable the wireless card from within system, device manager, network.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get preferrably both wireless and LAN network options back again?

I did have both functioning correctly this morning.
Cheers
Yusuf